Many people contact me and they’re very frustrated because they’ve been following the appropriate diet, taking supplements, they’ve made lifestyle changes, but they’re still not seeing great results in their body. So let’s get into the different reasons people might not be seeing the results of their healing efforts quickly…
1. Expecting Results Too Quickly
Sometimes an apparent lack of healing progress is due to simply not giving the body enough time. For example, you can’t heal 5 years of damage in 3 months! If you’ve been on strong drugs like Remicade, Humira, etc. your healing is going to take even longer. Keep in mind that even people with no overt disease symptoms, but simply an unbalanced hormonal system require 4 – 6 months just to re-balance their hormones.
With IBD, you have severely unbalanced both your immune and endocrine (hormones) system if you have been on any of the immunosuppressant drugs for longer than a month. So now you’re looking at healing THREE systems: immune, endocrine, and digestive – and then all the domino effects from each of those.
And don’t forget the dormant-active lifecycle of pathogens like mycobacteria. I was on Jini’s Wild Oregano Oil Protocol for 2 years to completely clear mine.
2. Simultaneously Ingesting Harmful Supplements
Other times it’s because the person is simultaneously ingesting drugs (or sometimes even natural supplements) that are damaging or aggravating the body at the same time, so it’s two steps forward and one or two steps back.
If you suspect this is the case, check that your supplements do NOT contain:
- Betaine HCL
- MSM (although topical – transdermal – application should be fine)
- FOS (fructooligosaccharides)
All of these natural substances are seriously aggravating for people with IBS and IBD. This same caution applies to food allergies. If you are periodically ingesting some food or drink item that creates inflammation (due to allergy or intolerance), then each time you are sabotaging the foundational healing of your body and setting yourself back.
Top supplements that cause diarrhea in susceptible people:
- Magnesium (unless in nanoparticle or transdermal form)
- Any herb that promotes a “cleansing” action – for this reason you need to be very careful with combination remedies, or Chinese, or Ayurvedic remedies
- Xylitol, erythritol, sorbitol, and any other sugar alcohols
- Liver support herbs, because the liver is going to cleanse toxins through the bowels. Don’t use if you have severe diarrhea, but for mild diarrhea, you may be okay to use these in combination with a stool bulking agent (which is also an intestinal “broom”) like 1 tbsp. sprouted flax and chia powder (available locally and online at various sites; you may have to purchase the two powders separately) along with 1/2 tsp. bentonite clay.
- NOTE: You cannot use these remedies if you are on an exclusively elemental diet – only if you are on a semi-elemental (also called half-elemental) diet in which you’re combining Absorb Plus with regular foods.
Also, read the list of ‘side-effects’ for any drugs you’re taking (including drugs you’re taking for other problems) and make sure your symptom(s) is not listed as a drug ‘side effect’.
Please keep in mind that pharmaceutical drugs actually CAUSE many of the symptoms we are trying to heal. Please take your time and wean off them at a pace that is safe for you, but know that until you are drug-free, the root-level healing of your body cannot begin – and that will then also take time – anywhere from 3 – 12 months, depending on the amount of damage and imbalance present.
3. Avoiding Emotional Healing
In many cases, the person is not seeing progress/healing take place because they are not sufficiently addressing an entire component of their gut: Emotional trauma or wounding. The gut registers and processes emotion as much (if not more than) the brain! Over 60% of the body’s neurotransmitters are not in the brain but in the gut, so you see there is NO WAY you can achieve full healing without addressing the emotional issues in your life/body.
Do NOT underestimate the importance of healing your emotional/spiritual body! So many people are very rigorous about implementing all of the physical aspects of my protocols, but they ignore the emotional healing and then wonder why they are not getting great results. Please know that until you have gotten into the emotional and spiritual side of your dis-ease, you have not given my healing methods a proper try.
Tools and Resources for Emotional Healing
I have a number of great resources and tools for you to use to begin your emotional/spiritual healing. But first, here’s a freebie to get you started. And then be sure and check out these emotional healing tools:
1. Learn more about one of my favorite mind/body healing tools: Lazer Tapping! This is based on EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), which is derived from a Chinese acupuncture meridian tapping practice called Neigong but adapted for the western mind. I took the practitioner training for EFT Tapping back in 2010, then tapped myself into wholeness every day for 2 solid years, as I had so much stuff (emotional, spiritual, physical, psychological) to clear!
10 years later, I created my greatly simplified technique, Lazer Tapping, combined with accessing the wisdom of the body itself; the actual consciousness of the cells and tissues of the body. I’d love to share it with you! Join me for a free session here.
2. Use my guided healing visualizations and meditations. Recorded or digital healing sessions are a much cheaper, yet equally powerful way to experience profound healing from gifted healing facilitators. There is nothing I sell here that I haven’t experienced myself and know to be effective and often miraculous. ALL come with an unconditional guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by trying them! The children’s stories teach your child meditative (deep) breathing and how to connect to their intuition for problem-solving. Enjoy!
3. See my Teleseminar section in my Shoppe – podcasts and interviews with experts for specific issues you may be struggling with, as well as natural treatments for health conditions from detox to dental health (and everything in between)! Featuring a roster of holistic health experts, handpicked by me to share their life’s work and knowledge with you. You can also become an LTYG Wellness Circle member and get access to all of them!
Remember, ‘talk’ therapy is not enough. We need to utilize techniques that integrate the mind/body and release the trauma and wounding from the tissues (and cells) of the body itself. Advanced craniosacral therapy (I write about this in LISTEN TO YOUR GUT) is another integrated somato-emotional release therapy that’s very effective, as is hypnotherapy.
If you are interested in more info on private health consults, visit my recommended practitioner page. In good health!
P.S. My assistant Linsy wrote a Part 2 to this blog post, which you can read here.
Original post dated 2013. Most recently updated August 2021.