MucosaCalm is a product I formulated for my own use during my healing journey from Crohn’s Disease. Nothing existed at the time, with the blend of herbs and supplements that I felt would provide the healing I needed, but also be gentle and well-tolerated.
Here is a list of the ingredients in MucosaCalm and how each one helps to heal your gut:
Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice – reduces muscle spasms, promotes adrenal gland function, soothes inflammation and fights bacterial, viral and parasitic infection. Increases number of mucus-secreting cells in intestine which improves the quality of the mucosal lining, lengthens intestinal cell life and enhances microcirculation in the gastrointestinal tract. The fact that the licorice root is deglycyrrhizinated means that there’s no risk of increasing your blood pressure (as can happen with regular licorice root).
Slippery Elm – good for diarrhea and ulcers when taken internally. Soothes inflamed mucous membranes of the stomach, intestines and urinary tract.
Marshmallow – soothes and heals mucous membranes, skin and other tissues. Aids the body in expelling excess mucus and fluid.
N-Acetyl Glucosamine (NAG) – an amino sugar that forms the basis of complex molecular structures that are key parts of the connective tissue and mucous membranes of the body – tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bone matrix, skin, synovial (joint) fluid, and intestinal lining. To maintain healthy absorption and digestion of food, the body needs a healthy mucosal lining to lubricate and protect the digestive tract. To keep this lining healthy the body uses the natural amino acids and sugars L-Glutamine and N-Acetyl Glucosamine. It is also an immune system modulator with anti- tumor properties.
The natural botanical ingredients in MucosaCalm are known to*:
- Help maintain healthy absorption and digestion of food by helping repair the mucosal lining of the digestive tract
- Help modulate your immune system and provide anti-tumor properties
- Help restore the mucosal lining of your intestine, which lubricates and protects your digestive tract
- Help reduce muscle spasms and cramping
- Promote adrenal gland function (often impaired by steroids or long-term illness/stress)
- Soothe and help heal inflamed mucous membranes of the stomach, intestines and urinary tract
- Fight bacterial, viral and parasitic infection
- Increase the number of mucus-secreting cells in the intestine, thus improving the quality of the mucosal cell lining
- Lengthen intestinal cell life and enhance microcirculation in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Help heal ulcers, fissures and fistulas