Many people contact me and they’re very frustrated because they’ve been following the appropriate diet, taking supplements, they’ve made lifestyle changes, but they’re still not seeing great results in their body. So let’s get into the different reasons people might not be seeing the results of their healing efforts quickly…
1. Expecting Results Too Quickly
Sometimes an apparent lack of healing progress is due to simply not giving the body enough time. For example, you can’t heal 5 years of damage in 3 months! If you’ve been on strong drugs like Remicade, Humira, etc. your healing is going to take even longer. Keep in mind that even people with no overt disease symptoms, but simply an unbalanced hormonal system require 4 – 6 months just to re-balance their hormones.
With IBD, you have severely unbalanced both your immune and endocrine (hormones) system if you have been on any of the immunosuppressant drugs for longer than a month. So now you’re looking at healing THREE systems: immune, endocrine and digestive. And then all the domino-effects from each of those.
And don’t forget the dormant-active lifecycle of pathogens like mycobacteria. I was on Jini’s Wild Oregano Oil Protocol for 2 years to completely clear mine.
2. Simultaneously Ingesting Harmful Supplements
Other times it’s because the person is simultaneously ingesting drugs (or sometimes even natural supplements) that are damaging or aggravating the body at the same time. So it’s two steps forward and one or two steps back.
If you suspect this is the case, check that your supplements do NOT contain:
- Betaine HCL
- MSM (although topical – transdermal – application should be fine)
- FOS (fructooligosaccharides)
All of these natural substances are seriously aggravating for people with IBS and IBD. This same caution applies to food allergies. If you are periodically ingesting some food or drink item that creates inflammation (due to allergy or intolerance), then each time you are sabotaging the foundational healing of your body and setting yourself back.
Top supplements that cause diarrhea in susceptible people:
- Magnesium (unless in nanoparticle or transdermal form)
- Any herb that promotes a “cleansing” action – for this reason you need to be very careful with combination remedies, or Chinese, or Ayurvedic remedies
- Xylitol, erythritol, sorbitol and any other sugar alcohols
- Liver support herbs – because the liver is going to cleanse toxins through the bowels. So don’t use if you have severe diarrhea, for mild diarrhea, you may be okay to use these in combination with a stool bulking agent (which is also an intestinal “broom”) like 1 tbsp. sprouted flax and chia powder (available locally and online at various sites; you may have to purchase the two powders separately) along with 1/2 tsp. bentonite clay. NOTE: You cannot use these remedies if you are on an exclusively elemental diet – only if you are combining Absorb Plus with regular foods..
Also, read the list of ‘side-effects’ for any drugs you’re taking (including drugs you’re taking for other problems) and make sure your symptom(s) is not listed as a drug ‘side effect’.
Please keep in mind that pharmaceutical drugs actually CAUSE many of the symptoms we are trying to heal. So please take your time and wean off them at a pace that is safe for you, but know that until you are drug-free, the root-level healing of your body cannot begin. And that will then also take time – anywhere from 3 – 12 months depending on the amount of damage and imbalance present.
3. Avoiding Emotional Healing
In many cases the person is not seeing progress/healing take place because they are not sufficiently addressing an entire component of their gut: Emotional trauma or wounding. The gut registers and processes emotion as much (if not more than) the brain! Over 60% of the body’s neurotransmitters are not in the brain, but in the gut. So you see, there is NO WAY you can achieve full healing without addressing the emotional issues in your life/body.
Do NOT underestimate the importance of healing your emotional/spiritual body! So many people are very rigorous about implementing all of the physical aspects of my protocols, but they ignore the emotional healing and then wonder why they are not getting great results. Please know that until you have gotten into the emotional and spiritual side of your dis-ease, you have not given my healing methods a proper try.
Tools and Resources for Emotional Healing
I have a number of great resources and tools for you to use to begin your emotional/spiritual healing. But first, here’s a freebie to get you started. And then be sure and check out these emotional healing tools:
1. See my Teleseminar section in my Shoppe (or become an LTYG Wellness Circle member and get access to all of them!).
2. Use my guided healing visualizations and meditations.
3. Learn more about one of my favorite mind/body healing tools: EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). EFT is derived from a Chinese acupuncture meridian tapping practice called Neigong, but adapted for the western mind. You can find out all about this technique and download a free Basic Training Manual.
THE BEST HEALING PRACTITIONERS I’VE FOUND
If you have not been seeing the results you want in your physical body, then you may want to book a session with either of these highly skilled, intuitive therapists. I have personally had many sessions with each and can highly recommend them. I have also done teleseminars with some of them, so you can tap-along to a teleseminar first (see teleseminar link above) to see if you like their style, before booking a more expensive private session:
1. Annabel Fisher – Annabel is such a great therapist because she healed herself from CFS (she was so bad she was wheelchair-bound), so she really understands the complex layers that are present in chronic illness. She uses both EFT and Matrix Reimprinting techniques.
2. Aileen Nobles – Aileen is a well-known psychic in the US and has her own TV show, she is very gentle and caring and uses a combination of EFT and her intuition (clairvoyance).
3. Lori Clarke – Lori is a spiritual healer, but very unique in that she doesn’t just “fix” things for you, but gets you to use, develop and strengthen your own intuition and connection to Source during her Guided Connection audios.
Remember, ‘talk’ therapy is not enough. We need to utilize techniques that integrate the mind/body and release the trauma and wounding from the tissues (and cells) of the body itself. Advanced craniosacral therapy (I write about this in LISTEN TO YOUR GUT) is another integrated somato-emotional release therapy that’s very effective, as is hypnotherapy.
In many cases a person is not seeing progress/healing take place because they are not sufficiently addressing an entire component of their gut: Emotional trauma or wounding. The gut registers and processes emotion as much (if not more than) the brain! Over 60% of the body’s neurotransmitters are not in the brain, but in the gut. Emotional healing can often be the hardest part of this journey – and the part we put off for the longest time! But know that you will not realize the full potential of your physical body until you heal your emotional/physical body as well.
Lastly, Dr. Paul Goldberg is a doctor who is very skilled at healing chronic ailments of all kinds (he is also a professor of functional gastroenterology), so I encourage you to check him out – over 50% of his clients are international, so you don’t need to live in Georgia to consult with him.
And Dr. Wendy Ellis in Seattle and Dr. Carolyn Dean in Hawaii – but both do phone or Skype consults – are other excellent doctors I’ve done teleseminars with and consulted with for my own health needs.