Feeling Frustrated – Why is my gut not healing faster?
READER QUESTION: “Feeling frustrated. I think I’m on my 4th bottle of mucosaheal and still have a lot of bleeding and a lot of mucus (taking 2 three times a day and 3 at bed) I was taking the Natren probiotics but it seemed to make everything worse. I changed back to VSL3 probiotics and things have calmed slightly. I’ve tried the healing enema kit for about a week and I tried one probiotic enema. The probiotic enema tripled the amount of mucus in each BM. I guess I’m pretty sensitive to those which is strange because I was taking them for a while before Natren. Anyway- I don’t know what to do. This flare has been almost a year and I’m just exhausted with it. I’m still going to continue with it for now and pray it gets better.”
So when I read an email like this, there are several things we can brainstorm-troubleshoot – because for the amount of physical things she’s doing here, she certainly should be seeing more improvement! Let’s take a look at the possibilities and see if we can determine why she is not healing faster. And of course, you can apply these exact same explorations to your own healing journey!
1. The first thing I would do is check the timing of the supplements she’s taking to make sure they’re not interfering with each other. And also check that she’s not taking something (perhaps hidden in one of her supplements) that causes bleeding – like Betaine HCL.
2. Consider that she needs to go on a completely liquid diet and LIE DOWN horizontal until her bleeding stops – doing the Healing Implant Enema and Jini’s Wild Oregano Oil Protocol at the same time. She could try the whole food shakes and bone broths first. But if that doesn’t provide enough bowel rest, then she likely needs The IBD Remission Diet.
3. If she hasn’t done Jini’s Wild Oregano Oil Protocol then that would be my first recommendation. It can take a LONG time to see results from probiotics alone and she also needs a potent anti-pathogen agent to kill all the nasties in her gut.
4. She doesn’t mention whether she is also taking any drugs. Many drugs directly counter the effects of these healing protocols. For example, the birth control pill and steroids both make it very difficult for good bacteria to colonize the gut.
5. Her top, major stressor and dis-ease element may not be physical! She needs to look closely at her emotional and spiritual situation. If her body was speaking on behalf of her higher self, what would it be saying? What would be the message her body is trying to deliver? Maybe she needs to change a relationship, change jobs/careers, move somewhere else, etc. And until she listens to her gut and actions her inner guidance, her body will not heal!
6. Is she simultaneously using a mind/body therapy – where the emotional is integrated with the physical tissues of the body. Long-term dis-ease like this needs the support of gifted healing professionals.
7. Is she giving herself time and space to heal? Or is she simultaneously working full-time, or taking care of a family, parents, etc., or going to school, or something else that requires a significant output of time and energy? It takes a LOT of energy to heal! See point #2 above – how is blood supposed to even clot (let alone heal) if you won’t lie down and take the pull of gravity off the tissues? How’s her boundary setting – is she even aware of how she sabotages her own body/healing by not being able to say no, or advocate for herself, and so on. Again, there are common saboteurs that people with chronic illness tend to have, so these need to be investigated and released/transformed.
8. Is she sure the blood is coming from her colon and not from hemorrhoids (internal or external) or her rectum? Perhaps she has an anal fissure, or proctitis? These would require different treatments – but all targeted to the rectal area, not the colon.
9. Perhaps she is only doing one or two things at a time? Holistic, natural healing can be greatly increased and speeded up by using the synergistic power of numerous healing protocols done simultaneously. Any ONE of the ideas given above is not likely going to effect healing, but if (for example) she is doing supplements, bowel rest, mind/body healing, setting good boundaries, getting plenty of rest and peace and moving out of a toxic living arrangement, she may find her healing progresses rapidly!
Remember, your body is ALWAYS advocating on your behalf. So if you’re not healing, then there is a valid reason why and you need to keep looking until you find it.